WILLEMSTAD – The Curaçao Hospitality and Tourism Association (CHATA) organized a Thank You Party for the Curaçao Culinary Team at Landhuis Chobolobo.
The Culinary Team has successfully represented Curaçao at this year’s Taste of the Caribbean competition organized by Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) in Miami.
The Taste of the Caribbean consisted of several separate competitions including the main event ‘Taste of the Islands’, where teams prepared local bites for the public. This year’s Culinary Team was one of the most successful national teams representing Curaçao, amassing a whopping total of 13 medals at the Taste of the Caribbean.
- The Curaçao Culinary Team won silver for the overall team competition.
- Adriyel Lourens won silver in the Senior Chef competition and bronze in the Beef competition.
- Ramsley Leander won silver in the Cheesecake competition and bronze in the Pastry Chef competition.
- Dane Ribeiro Rodriguez won gold in the Seafood competition and silver in the Junior Chef competition.
- Fabian Cleopa won silver in the Bartender competition.
Amongst the invited guests were all the sponsors who have made this dream possible for the Culinary Team. Mr. Ritzel Godfried (Product Development Manager) of CTB presented the team with ‘Dushi Hende’ Awards as a token of appreciation for their accomplishments. Stay tuned for our ‘Dinner with the Champs’ on August 1st at Kura Hulanda.